2016 Ride for the 4-H Clover Overview
Aug. 26-28, 2016
Regent Chair Mike Cheney and NMSU President Garrey Carruthers invite you to ride the beautiful roads of northern New Mexico to help support our state's Cooperative Extension Service and 4-H youth programs!
All proceeds benefit Cooperative Extension Service 4-H youth programs.
2016 Route Map
Lodging & Meals
- Registration fee includes reception on Friday evening, lunches along the route, dinner at the Taos County Extension Office, breaks, and commemorative pin.
- Santa Fe Lodging - La Quinta Inn's and Suites, 4298 Cerillos Rd, Santa Fe, has a block rate for Aug 26 arrival, Aug 27 departure.
A standard room with two beds is $99 per room per night plus tax.
A standard room with a king bed is $94 per room per night plus tax (tax rate is 15.31%).
Rooms include Free high speed internet and Bright Side Breakfast.
To get these special rates, you must call 505-471-1142, then press 6 for the front desk at the Santa Fe La Quinta.
- Taos Lodging - The Sagebrush Inn, Taos, has a block of room for Ride for the 4-H clover for Aug 27 Arrival, Aug 28 checkout
Ask for the "Ride for the 4-H Clover" for room block prices.
Room starts at $89 plus applicable taxes
Please call 1-800-428-3626 for reservations
Rooms are blocked for August 27, with the group rate extended on the night of August 28 on a space available basis.
Friday, August 26, 2016 - Evening Reception
- 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. - Gather at Santa Fe Harley-Davidson, located at 4360 Rodeo Road, Santa Fe, NM
Day 1 (Saturday, August 27, 2016)
- 7:30 a.m. - Gather at Santa Fe Harley-Davidson for Opening Ceremony
(4360 Rodeo Road, Santa Fe, NM)
- 8:30 a.m. - Depart for the ride (Driving west to Airport Road to NM 599 to US 285 to US 84)
- 9:30 a.m. - Arrive at Echo Amphitheater (Break, Program)
- 10:30 a.m. - Depart Echo Amphitheater for Tierra Amarilla, NM
- 11:00 a.m. - Arrive in Tierra Amarilla, NM (Fuel stop)
- 11:30 a.m. - Depart for Hopewell Lake (Driving NM 162 to US 64)
- 12:15 p.m. - Arrive at Hopewell Lake (Lunch stop)
- 1:15 p.m. - Depart for El Prado, NM (Taos County) (Driving US 64 to NM 522)
- 2:15 p.m. - Arrive in El Prado, NM (Fuel stop)
- 2:45 p.m. - Depart for Enchanted Circle (Driving on NM 522 to Questa, NM, then to NM 38)
- 3:30 p.m. - Arrive in Red River, NM (Break)
- 4:00 p.m. - Depart for Taos, NM (Driving on NM 38 to US 64)
- 4:45 p.m. - Arrive in Taos, NM, at Sagebrush Inn (Hotel check-in, fuel stop)
- 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. - Reconvene for dinner and program at Sagebrush Inn
Day 2 (Sunday, August 28, 2016)
- 9:00 a.m. - Depart for John T. Harrington Forestry Research Center
in Mora, NM
(Driving US 64 to NM 518)
- 10:00 a.m. - Arrive at John T. Harrington Forestry Research Center (Break and program)
- 11:00 a.m. - Depart for Las Vegas, NM (Driving on NM 518 to I-25, Romeroville, NM)
- 11:40 a.m. - Arrive in Romeroville, NM (Fuel stop)
- 12:10 p.m. - Depart for Santa Fe Harley-Davidson, Santa Fe, NM (Driving south on I-25)
- 1:10 p.m. - Arrive at Santa Fe Harley-Davidson, Santa Fe, NM (Lunch, fuel stop, closing remarks